Writer and Editor
M.A., Counselling (Educational) Psychology, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
B.A., Psychology, Humboldt State University. Presidential Scholar.
Freelance writer, researcher and editor since 2001.
Copy writing**informational articles**brochures**press releases**sales letters**scripts**SEO copy**blogging** newsletters**ghostwriting**magazine writing**training manuals
MARKETING, PR & ADVERTISING WRITING
• Sales letters for ebooks “Beautiful You” and “Beauty in Your Thirties” (Ken Giddens & Meg Awtry)
• Online ads for “Law Abiding Citizen” (SocialTyze.com)
• Marketing copy, Medway Candle
• Articles including product mentions for Canadian Gardening and Occasions magazines.
• Press releases, Barn.Culture.com
• Marketing copy, Stage 8 Fasteners
• Catalog Copy, product packaging, MainStreet Sonoma.
• Conducted interviews and internet-based market research for author, wrote reports and made recommendations for content leading to the book, “Turning Silver into Gold: How to Profit in the New Boomer Marketplace,” by Mary Furlong.
• Online medical research for articles commissioned by Anaxos Publishing for the Gale Encyclopedia of Mental Health, 2007.
• Conducted interviews and library research for an article on the Brown Spruce Longhorn Beetle, published in Atlantic Forestry Review.
• Conducted research and wrote 4 (ghostwritten) books and 13 ebooks since 2001.
• Doctoral-level coursework in assessment, research methodology and statistics.
• Coursework in qualitative analysis, ethics, interviewing and listening.
CONTINUING EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATION
• 2010. Member, Writers’ Federation of Nova Scotia
• 2009. Attended grant-writing seminar at Nova Scotia Community College
• 2006. Online course in Jungian psychology based on the book, "My Life as an Elephant".
“StyleWatch”. Occasions (food and beverage) magazine. Spring 2010.
“A Bright, Warm, Winter Room”. Occasions (food and beverage) magazine. Winter 2009.
Restaurant Features, “Nectar” and “The Vines”. Occasions (food and beverage) magazine. Winter 2009.
“Taking Care of Business”. Canadian Gardening magazine. Fall, 2009.
“Favorite Gardening Tips”. April/May 2009, Mother Earth News.
“Heirloom Plants”. 2009 Annual Special Issue “Fantastic Gardens”. Canadian Gardening magazine.
"Ladies Who Lunch". Comic strip. 2007, Southern Seasons magazine.
"Pemphigus in Cats.” November, 2005, Atlantic Pets Magazine.
“A Fungus Among Us: Ophiostoma tetropii in the Brown Spruce Longhorn Beetle.” (Published as "Hot on the Bad Beetle’s Trail.”) May, 2004, Atlantic Forestry Review.
RECENT PROJECTS & PARTNERSHIPS
• “Escape from Draconia: Mikki Madigan’s First Adventure” published at Smashwords.com
• Comic Strip “Without Joy”, writer; with Jeff Harvey, artist. http://toughrocks.blogspot.com
• Novella, “As Pretty Does”, commissioned by Fox Digital Entertainment
• Screenplay, “A Walk in the Woods”, co-author; with Scarlett Kleint.
• Novelization of audiobook, “The Magic Mattress”, co-author; with Rob Sloane.
• Screenplay, “Boil It Down”, author.