Sign up for my newsletter

Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Gruesome Discovery of How I Need Technology

I was in denial when I dropped out of Facebook. I was in denial when I refused to add links on Linkedin, unless someone else asked me first. I wanted to pretend social media was something I could avoid, but it turns out that's just not true.Being online, working online, without participating in some social media is like going to a party but then refusing a drink and standing in the corner alone until it's time to leave. And then wondering why you never meet anyone you can talk to! It doesn't work. I get it: Either log in or get out.

Okay--I sent 17 linkedin invites today to people from my address book who hopefully will not mind being asked to increase their own social media contacts by 1--me. I blogged the other blog, and now this one. I'm visiting links to other peoples' online stuff. I'll get back to FB, I will. Mikki Madigan will not suffer because of my asocial tendencies!

No comments: